This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click them and purchase something, I get a little commission. Thank you for your support.
I love a good pasta dinner! Especially when the weather is turning cool, it's a warming dinner to have. Chicken & Mushrooms w/Goat Cheese Pasta is filling, quick to the table, and incredibly tasty.
This pasta dish begins with lightly breading and frying chicken tenderloins or flattened strips of chicken breasts. I use a gluten-free flour blend, but if you can handle the gluten, go ahead and use all-purpose flour.
Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken pieces before sauteeing them. Be sure to keep the heat on medium so that the flour doesn't burn while the chicken cooks.
After the chicken is cooked, use the same skillet to saute the shallots and the mushrooms. Get them nice and brown, then deglaze the pan with sweet marsala.
What kind of pasta is best for Chicken & Mushrooms w/Goat Cheese Pasta?
I like a wide noodle for this dish. Something like pappardelle or tagliatelle. Wide egg noodles would also be a good choice. I use the Jovial brand of gluten free pasta with great results.
Crumble fresh goat cheese onto a platter or pasta bowl, then sprinkle with red pepper flakes. The good thing is that you can determine how much red pepper to add according to your taste.
When the pasta is done, put it on the goat cheese, and stir it around to mix it together. Add some pasta water, if necessary, to keep the pasta loose.
How to serve Chicken & Mushrooms w/Goat Cheese Pasta
After mixing the pasta with the goat cheese and red pepper flakes, put the chicken tenders on top along with the mushrooms. Pour any extra sauce over the top and get ready to enjoy a fabulous meal!
Other recipes you might like
Chicken & Mushrooms w/Goat Cheese Pasta
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders
- ½-¾ cup flour a gluten-free 1:1 blend works, too
- salt and pepper to season the flour
- 1 shallot chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup sweet Marsala
- 2½ ounces fresh, soft goat cheese
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 8 ounces pappardelle or tagliatelle pasta I use the Jovial brand of gluten-free pasta.
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving a bit of the water in the end.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and coat the chicken lightly with it. Saute in a neutral oil, such as avocado, until golden. Hold in a warm (200°F) oven while you finish the rest of the dish.
- In the same skillet as you cooked the chicken, add a little more oil and the shallots. Saute 1-2 minutes then add the mushrooms. Add more oil, if needed. Cook 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are nicely golden.
- Pour the Marsala into the skillet and let it reduce by about half.
- Crumble the goat cheese over a large platter or pasta bowl. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes. When the pasta is done, put it on the goat cheese and stir to mix, adding some pasta water if needed to keep the pasta loose.
- To serve, place the chicken pieces on top of the pasta, and spoon the mushrooms in the center, allowing the sauce to mix with the pasta.