This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click them and purchase something, I get a little commission. Thank you for your support.
I LOVE Mexican food, with maybe guacamole being my favorite. A friend of mine told me how to make this after she learned it from her neighbor's housekeeper, who was Latina. So that basically means that it's the real deal and there's none to compare!
What makes this guacamole "cool and classy"?
This guacamole is not what we are accustomed to in a guacamole … there are no onions, garlic, tomatoes, or jalapenos. There are only four ingredients and they are supremely cool and classy: avocados, of course, cucumber, cilantro, and lime juice. Oh and salt, but I don't count that as an ingredient because I assume that you'll add seasoning!
Do I need a food processor to make guacamole?
There are two ways to make this guacamole. The first is to mash the avocadoes with a fork, then chop the cucumbers super tiny, chop the cilantro, then add the lime juice at the end. I really like it this way because I like the little crunches of cucumber pieces. If you're making a small amount, this is a great way to go because you're likely to eat it all and not have to worry about oxidation during storage.
However, my son, the Master Guacamole Maker, started making it in the food processor and that's a game changer. The reason is because the lime juice gets distributed very evenly throughout and if you have any leftover to store, it doesn't turn brown! Brilliant!
So, really, it's up to you and your preferences as to whether you want to use a food processor or not!
Other Mexican recipes you might like:
Cool and Classy Guacamole
- 2 medium avocadoes
- ¾-1 cup cucumber chopped small
- 1 cup cilantro chopped small
- 1-2 limes
- Salt to taste
- Method 1: Mash the avocado with a fork, then add the chopped cucumber, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. I start with one lime, taste it, and decide if it needs more juice. Season with salt, but not too much because of the salty chips you'll probably eat it with.
- Method 2: Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Serve with chips, tacos, burritos, carnitas ... in other words, with all the things!!
- Bon Appétit!
Leave a Reply