I love a good skillet dinner when life gets busy, but great food and nutrition is still required. This Honey Mustard Chicken Skillet is the perfect weeknight meal when dinner needs to happen.
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click them and purchase something, I get a little commission. Thank you for your support.
If you get things organized, it comes together in less than 30 minutes, including the prep time. Start by mixing the sauce ingredients together: butter, Dijon mustard, garlic, thyme, and honey.
Prepare the broccoli florets and slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally. Be sure to season them well with salt and pepper.
Brown the chicken in a large skillet working in batches as needed.
When the chicken is almost done, pour in the white wine and add the broccoli. Cover with a lid and allow the broccoli to cook just till it is tender, but still bright green.
Uncover, then put dollops of the Honey Mustard Butter on each piece of chicken and on the broccoli. It will start to melt and create the sauce right in the pan!
How to serve Honey Mustard Chicken Skillet
One of the beauties of making dinner in one skillet is that you only dirty one dish! So I usually just put the skillet right on the table like that. This is a full meal for my husband and me, but if you feel the need for more, it would be delicious with steamed rice or roasted potatoes.
Other recipes you might like:
Honey Mustard Chicken Skillet
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper to season
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut in half horizontally
- oil for sauteeing
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Combine butter, Dijon mustard, fresh thyme, garlic, and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat, add the oil, and brown the chicken on both sides. The time this takes will depend on how thick the pieces are, but it will be 10-12 minutes
- When the chicken is almost done, pour the wine in the skillet to deglaze it, then add the broccoli. Cover and cook till the broccoli is bright green and barely tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the cover, and put a dollop of the Honey Mustard mixture on top of each piece of chicken and on the broccoli. Allow it to melt and coat the chicken and broccoli.
- Serve immediately. Can be paired with steamed rice or roasted potatoes.