Hot Artichoke Dip may be an old-fashioned party food, but the fact that it is so delicious requires it to remain in my repertoire. It's a hit every time I serve it!
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click them and purchase something, I get a little commission. Thank you for your support.
What makes Hot Artichoke Dip "old-fashioned"?
Hot Artichoke Dip was made popular in the 1950s when eating while watching TV became a ritual. It was likely spurred by mayonnaise marketing campaigns. It's still a party favorite because it's easy to dip your bread, chips, or pita into without needing silverware or even plates!
There are only FIVE ingredients in this simple appetizer!
And no cream cheese! There's mayonnaise, sour cream, freshly grated parmesan cheese, hot sauce, and of course, chopped artichokes.
What kind of artichokes can I use?
Of course, you can use fresh artichokes that you've cooked and seasoned. However, if you want to make shorter work of the project, use jarred ones. You can find plain ones or marinated ones. I prefer the marinated ones just for the extra flavor.
Just mix it together, put it in a baking dish, then top it with more grated cheese and some red pepper flakes. Bake it for about 45 minutes until it is golden and bubbly.
How to serve
I love it spooned onto slices of crunchy homemade sourdough bread, but it's also delicious with tortilla chips or pita chips.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Hot Artichoke Dip
- 1 14-ounce can of artichoke hearts I like the marinated ones.
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or your favorite brand
- red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Finely chop the drained artichoke hearts and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula, blend the sour cream, mayonnaise, ¾ cup of the freshly grated parmesan cheese, and the Tabasco sauce with the artichokes.
- Spoon the mixture into a 2-cup baking dish. Top with remaining ¼ cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese and sprinkle red pepper flakes over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm with crunchy sourdough bread, baguette, crackers, pita chips, or tortilla chips.