I love radishes. When I start seeing them in the markets in the spring, I can't wait to grab some up. Radishes are usually eaten raw often only in salads. I also love them pickled like the ones you get in an authentic Mexican restaurant. But did you know that they can be roasted? Roasted Herbed Radishes are delicious and a great side dish for grilled or roasted meats.
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click them and purchase something, I get a little commission. Thank you for your support.
What do roasted radishes taste like?
Radishes usually elicit a love-or-hate reaction. Many don't like raw radishes because they can be a bit peppery or spicy. That's just the reason I like them raw ... especially with a bit of cold, grass-fed, salted butter and a bit of flaky sea salt. But when radishes are roasted, they mellow out quite a lot and, in fact, are a bit like roasted potatoes.
What kind of radishes are good for roasting?
Any radish you would eat raw can be roasted. It's that simple. Roasting large radishes is an exceptional idea because they are so big and sometimes hard to consume the whole bunch before they start to go bad.
Alright ... have I convinced you to try Roasted Herbed Radishes! Here's how to do it.
Preparing Roasted Herbed Radishes is as easy as pouring oil over them, seasoning them, and roasting them for a few minutes. It doesn't take a ton of prep or time.
What kind of seasonings are delicious?
As always, SALT--a good sea salt! And a bit of pepper and some herbs or spices, if you choose. Try some basil, or chives. Oregano or thyme. What about garlic, cumin, and paprika? You do you.
How to serve Roasted Herbed Radishes
Serve Roasted Herbed Radishes as you would roasted potatoes. Serve them up with grilled, roasted, or seared meats. Add them to a veggie plate full of delicious roasted and raw vegetables.
Other Recipes you might like:
If you try this recipe and enjoy it, please leave a comment below and a star rating. Also, if you are on Instagram, post a photo and tag me @tammycirceocheznous so that I can see your delicious dish!
Roasted Herbed Radishes
- 2 pounds radishes
- oil to coat the radishes
- salt and pepper
- any herbs or spices you like
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- If the radishes still have the leaves attached, cut them off and trim the root end. Cut the radishes in half or in quarters if they are large. Aim for a uniform size so they roast evenly.
- Drizzle some oil over the radishes, just enough to coat them lightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use whatever herbs and spices you like and in whatever combination. Thyme, chives, oregano, basil ... Or try garlic, cumin, and paprika.
- Place the radishes in a baking dish or on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes. The time will vary depending on the size of your radish pieces so be sure to check often.
Leave a Reply